Things I did these past couple weeks:
- Submitted for a bunch of stuff I am sure I won’t get
- Including a recorded video of me singing
- Had a minor (?) meltdown about what I look like (again)
- Realized that’s probably why I haven’t recorded any more vlogs
- Realized you all probably don’t want to hear about my body image issues for the umpteenth time
- Refrained from posting about that
- Thought about it again
- Decided I really should make a post about it for real at some point as it does inform a lot of what I write about here (and also my various dysfunctions when it comes to acting/etc)
- Got halfway through writing this (bullet point list) post and gave up
- Had another audition
I’m kind of at a loss about this and don’t feel super-equipped to talk about it at the moment. But here I am posting about it anyway because it’s been so long since my last post!
On the other hand, I was informed that I got the part that I auditioned for a couple weeks ago! The character is described as something like “a girl next door, or a femme fatale. You know, depending.” (Which I love, obviously!) The nature of the project means that I might actually get to share that with you – stay tuned to hear more about that!
Today in “Should I Submit For This Or Not”:
- Someone looking for an ATTRACTIVE FEMALE (allcaps theirs). “If you do NOT match the criteria, you need not apply.” Errr, seeing as how that’s the only criteria they list…I’m gonna go with “no.”
- A paid political commercial!…that I’m pretty sure is for a candidate I wouldn’t support!
(but it’s paid!) (but my PRINCIPLES)
- Why do I keep getting calls for 18-year-old characters? I am so much older than that.
In other news, I finally got my hair fixed, so I’ll be booking my headshot appointment soon. YAY FINALLY YOU’LL PROBABLY NOT HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THIS UNTIL THE NEXT TIME I CHANGE MY HAIR
In other other news, I have an audition on Wednesday and I’ve been nursing a cold for far too long. I’m done being sick, world! At least I don’t have to sing for the audition.
In other other other news, I’m working on an aria in my singing lessons now for the first time in…uhhh years? And frankly, I couldn’t be happier with that. <3 I still think I should probably get back on recording videos to talk more about that but I haven’t figured out a good place to do that in my new abode – the light isn’t great. I should figure that out soon.
I hope you’re all having a lovely week and enjoying your October so far! <3