- Walking/jogging without music is ideal for working out lyric writing issues.
- It’s also probably good lungs-wise.
- As a singer and an actress, your body is your instrument. Treat it that way.
So yesterday I drove for two hours total for about five seconds in front of a camera.
Worth it? Logically, probably not: it’s a lot of gas to waste on something that basically ended up being a modeling job (and I am NOT a model by any stretch of the imagination – if you want someone that will make your product or clothes look good or sexy, you will not be looking for tiny slightly-chubby oddly-proportioned 1-900-OK-FACE‘d me) that I don’t have a chance at.
For the sense of accomplishment that I got for actually doing it? Yes, absolutely. The last time I had an audition like this I got lost, chickened out(/panicked), and didn’t even call to say I wasn’t coming. This time I made it and I didn’t chicken out even when the casting director (? maybe?) yelled at me for not having a headshot.
On the other hand, this means I definitely have to get some headshots soon.
HELLO, THE INTERNET!!!!
Long time, no write (and I feel as though I start off so many of my posts like this), and for that I am sorry! I hope you all have been keeping well while I waste a lot of my time on tumblr!
So, let’s see! A bunch of things have happened since I last wrote:
- I finished up my fourth semester at school (fifth if you count summer classes last year)!
- I’m trying to figure out where to go from here, education-wise, which might end up in another post.
- I haven’t auditioned for anything, because I am lazy/scared/ashamed of how long it’s been since I’ve been out of the game (so to speak).
- Two laptops died on me :( but I got a lovely new one!
- I got new headshots done, but they were terrible, so now I’m back to using a arms-length selfie as a headshot. YIKES.
- I moved out! because:
- Maestro asked me to marry him! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (Link is to a gushy post on my personal tumblr, so if you’re into gushy personal posts: there it is!)
So I suppose I have been kind of busy, but it doesn’t mean that I’m letting myself off the hook. I actually have an audition tomorrow (what! yikes!), I’ve been taking singing lessons weekly for the past few months and I’ve yet to write about what a transformative experience it’s been to work with someone who cares about teaching me technique and theory and explaining the Why Is My Voice Doing This things I’ve always wondered about, Maestro and I have been working out a setlist (!!!) and he’s been teaching me guitar, and I have a couple more auditions coming up toward the end of the summer.
So there’s lots coming up here on The Acting Ingenue! I do think my next trick will be to complete the “look” revamp of my acting-related internet presence. I really ought to doodle something for a header on this blog (and maybe youtube and twitter and things like that). Any ideas for that, dear readers?